Do you have a background in maritime and transport law? Would you like to work in an international shipping business environment?
Then you may be the person we are looking for! Alandia is now recruiting a LEGAL COUNSEL to join our Legal - Marine & Transport team in Mariehamn, Helsinki or Stockholm.
Legal - Marine & Transport at Alandia is the team that provides specialist legal assistance for our Underwriting and Claims Service entities within commercial Marine and Transport insurance. While our primary focus is on issues related to maritime, transport and marine insurance law, we also work in other areas related to international marine insurance.
As a LEGAL COUNSEL your main responsibilities are:
- Reviewing and drafting insurance conditions and clauses
- Advising in all respects on marine insurance contracts
- Analyzing contracts and other shipping-related documents
- Providing legal opinions
- Assisting claims handling with various enquiries
- Dealing with different types of recovery claims
- Participating in the development work of the team
In this position, you will be working closely with our colleagues in different entities, but you also need to be capable of working independently. The work is fast-paced from time to time and requires a fair amount of flexibility.
To be successful in this role:
- You have University Law Degree
- You have at least 4 years of working experience as a lawyer or from a similar position, preferably in an insurance company or a law firm
- You have an analytical way of working and are able to solve complex tasks
- You are a business-driven and pragmatic lawyer with good problem-solving capabilities
- You are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- You have excellent drafting skills
- You have excellent command of both English and Swedish (both written and oral). Finnish language skills are considered an advantage.
We offer you the opportunity to work with interesting and diverse tasks in an organization with a long-term commitment to its clients and an ambitious growth strategy in marine and transport insurance. As a working environment, Alandia provides you a great opportunity for using and developing your skills. Our enthusiastic team has an excellent spirit and is always ready to take on new challenges.
The position is full-time and permanent.
For additional information please contact Legal Manager Tarja Bergvall, Legal - Marine & Transport.
Alandia Försäkring Abp is one of the leading marine and transport insurance providers in the Nordic, Baltic and international markets with over 80 years of experience from the maritime industry. We offer comprehensive insurance solutions within Hull & Machinery, P&I, Transport & Cargo, Statutory Accident and Leisure boat Insurances. In order to deliver the best possible claims handling service, we always focus on our clients' individual needs. Our teams of marine and transport insurance specialists come from a broad range of professional backgrounds and include master mariners, chief engineers, electrical engineers, naval architects, and maritime lawyers. Our four offices are located in Mariehamn, Helsinki, Stockholm and Gothenburg. Please find more information on www.alandia.com.
Fakta om tjänsten
If you are interested in this position, please send your application and salary requirement by 14 March 2021 via www.alandia.com
Legal Manager Tarja Bergvall, Legal - Marine & Transport, +358 40 548 97 48